This Blog is Closed, but please visit me at my New one!

WHERE THE GREEN GRASS GROWS!

My Old blog is up for you to read past post:) God bless!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

While in your single years before Marriage...


Psalm 27:14"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD"

I read a book a while back called "Before you meet Prince Charming"by Sarah Mally. One of my blogger friends sent it too me and it was such a blessing!! It was about dating in a christian view. Really great book and it talked about the dangers of dating! Here are some points from the book that are really good to think about while you are waiting for Mr. Right to come along. I know many young ladies struggle while they are waiting for God's will on Marriage.

*Evaluate the things your thinking of*
-Don't be discontent, your already in God's plan right now
-Learn new Homemaking skills and Bible Verses and as much of the bible as you can

*Realize getting married is not a cure for unhappiness*
-That you should put God first and number 1
-Marriage has many blessings but if you can't be happy where you are now you won't be happy in marriage

*Love where you are*
-Love your life
-Love your family and home
-Love the blessings God is giving you

*Find something to occupy your time*
-Enjoy doing something
-Learn a new Skill, there are so many things! Cooking,Cleaning,Picture taking,Crafts,Scrapbooking,Reading,Sewing and the list goes on.

*Be Happy*
-Your a child of God
-He has a plan and purpose for your life
-Look to him

No comments: