This Blog is Closed, but please visit me at my New one!

WHERE THE GREEN GRASS GROWS!

My Old blog is up for you to read past post:) God bless!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A good name


I have seen more bragging and more people acting better then others in the world today so much more lately!! It's bothered me a lot. Me and my mother was talking about it!! What has happen to people just being happy with what they have? We live in a world where it's I got to have this or got to have that. I need this new thing out so bad or I need it cause everyone else has it. Whats happened with people feeling blessed just because they have a roof over there heads and food on there tables and the simple things in life that God has provided for them? Some think they even have to do it just because there friends are! What happened to just being yourself and not caring what others thought. Why must people be somebody they are not just to make somebody else happy? I am so tired of seeing it everywhere. I want to take a moment and talk about my paw-paw that died my dad's dad. He didn't live in an expensive house, he didn't drive an expensive car, he never led a rich life. He was rich though in that he simply was a good man and had a good name. He left behind a legacy not of great riches and inheritance of a bunch of stuff. He left behind a good name , simply because of the way he treated people with goodness and his love for God it took 2 books to fill up the names on his visitation night at his funeral and they were lined around the building to get in and see him. He didn't go after the latest got to have it product or pretend to be somebody he is not. He simply lived his life as Bob Brewer. A great,nice and simple person who loved hugs from his 2 grandchildren then any finest silver in the world. Just a good simple man,who was a wonderful Husband,Father and Grandfather. Are you acting like somebody else in life? Why? Why not just try being yourself and being the true you instead of living to a name thats not you to just to be popular!! I love you Paw-Paw, thank you for making me think of the bible verses below and thank you for teaching me to live like them and keep a good name and be myself not please others but only please God,I love you Paw-Paw!!

Ecclesiastes 7:1 "A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth"

Proverbs 22:1 "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold"


2 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful thoughts.

Reminds me of the song
"Food on the Table and Shoes on our Feet"

Mary said...

This verse came to mind while reading your loving testimony to your paw paw....


Psalm 37:16 (KJV)
"A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked."