This Blog is Closed, but please visit me at my New one!

WHERE THE GREEN GRASS GROWS!

My Old blog is up for you to read past post:) God bless!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Family Favorite Movie...

Fireproof

This is the best movie, I cried so hard at the end!! It is really a great Christian film to see starring Kurt Cameron!! It's a great message to it for married couples plus at the same time to get people thinking about Salvation!! You must watch this movie!! My new favorite movie!! Check out this weeks featured film!!

Plot(Taken from imdb.com)

Capt. Caleb Holt lives by the old firefighter's adage: Never leave your partner behind. Inside burning buildings, it's his natural instinct. In the cooling embers of his marriage, it's another story. After seven years of marriage, Caleb and Catherine Holt have drifted so far apart that they are ready to move on without each other. Yet as they prepare to enter divorce proceedings, Caleb's dad asks his son to try an experiment: The Love Dare. While hoping The Love Dare has nothing to do with his parents' newfound faith, Caleb commits to the challenge. But can he attempt to love his wife while avoiding God's love for him? Will he be able to demonstrate love over and over again to a person that's no longer receptive to his love? Or is this just another marriage destined to go up in smoke?

Trivia(Taken from imdb.com)

Kirk Cameron, a Christian evangelist, refuses to kiss any woman other than his wife. To film a scene in which his character in this movie kisses his wife, the filmmakers had to dress Cameron's real-life wife, Chelsea Noble, as the wife character (played throughout the rest of the movie by Erin Bethea) and shoot the kissing scene in shadow so the difference between Noble and Bethea would not be as evident on screen.

Instead of a fee for starring in the film, Kirk Cameron accepted a donation to his charity, Camp Firefly.

The film made in nine days what Sherwood Pictures' previous movie, Facing the Giants (2006) made in its entire four-month run.

In the scene when Caleb is first reading the "love dare" book, there are books on the coffee table. One of those books is "Facing the Giants", which is the novelization of the Kendrick brothers' earlier movie of the same title.

As of October 25, this is distributor Samuel Goldwyn's highest grossing movie-to-date.

Goofs(Taken from imdb.com)

Continuity: When the Catherine drives up to the firehouse to tell Caleb she loves & forgives him, the bays are all full and no trucks are in front of the bays, but when he comes out to see her the 2 bays are empty and the trucks are sitting out front.

Continuity: In the scene where Wayne is about to drink the hot sauce, Wayne's seating position changes. There is a moment where he is sitting closer to the table in one camera angle. The camera angle changes to a close-up shot and Wayne is clearly sitting upright.

Continuity: Michael takes a burger off the grill and puts it on a plate, then the camera cuts to another angle and the burger isn't on the plate anymore.

Continuity: Just before Catherine 'runs into' Gavin for the first time, she picks up her purse twice.

Continuity: Walking toward the cross for the father and son talk, the actors pass behind a huge tree about 20 feet from the camera, then emerge perhaps 100 feet away from the camera, throwing the perspective way off.

Errors made by characters (possibly deliberate errors by the filmmakers): When Caleb's father tells him that Caleb's mother was the one who did the Love Dare, the two men are on a long path in the middle of the woods, at least several hundred yards from Caleb's house. Caleb, an athletic fireman, immediately sprints back to his house to apologize to his mother. However, his father, an old man nearly twice his age, arrives at the house about 10 seconds behind him and is not even out of breath.

Continuity: During the scene where Caleb's wife is searching for her ring, she puts it on her right hand and then the next camera shot the ring is correctly placed on her left hand.

Qoutes from the movie(Taken from imdb.com)

Catherine Holt: So, what day are you on?
Caleb Holt: Uh... 43.
Catherine Holt: There's only 40.
Caleb Holt: Who says I have to stop?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caleb Holt: Marriage isn't fireproof.
Michael Simmons: Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Holt: Has she thanked you for anything you've done the last 20 days?
Caleb Holt: No! And you'd think after I washed the car, I've changed the oil, do the dishes, cleaned the house, that she would try to show me a little bit of gratitude. But she doesn't! In fact, when I come home, she makes me like I'm - like I'm an enemy! I'm not even welcome in my own home, Dad. That is what really ticks me off! Dad, for the last three weeks, I have bent over backwards for her. I have tried to demonstrate that I still care about this relationship. I bought her flowers, which she threw away. I have taken her insults and her sarcasm, but last night was it. I made dinner for her. I did everything I could to demonstrate that I care about her, to show value for her, and she spat in my face! She does not deserve this, Dad. I'm not doing it anymore! How am I supposed to show love to somebody over and over and over who constantly rejects me?
John Holt: [touches, then leans against cross] That's a good question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Simmons: The sad part about it is, when most people promise for better or for worse, they really only mean for the better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Rudolph: Don't speak to him, Erma. He's weird.
Erma Rudolph: Takes one to know one.

Music video from the movie..my favorite song

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I LOVE this movie too!!
What a fabulous post.... I greatly enjoyed all of the tidbits!!!

Thank you!!!
Many Blessings~ Jen